Once upon a time…

In the 1600s, Sweden was constantly
at war. Swedish iron production was still
insufficient for the needs of the battlefields.
But with the help of skilled miners and
financiers, mainly from Wallonia, a rapid
development of iron production took
At the beginning of the 1640s, the
Dutchman Welam Wervier was granted
permission to build blast furnaces and
hammers in Strömsberg.
In 1734 Strömsberg was sold to the De Geer
family of Lövstabruk.
The following decades were characterized
by stability and the central parts of the
industry were given their present design.
In 1861, Strömsberg was acquired by Count
Baltzar von Platen and in 1877 by Count
Axel Wachtmeister. During the late 1800s,
until the sale to Stora Kopparbergs Bergslags
AB in 1920, Strömsberg experienced a new
flourishing period.